Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Virgie Bell's View: The War, the war, the war!

To make myself perfectly clear on how I stand as far as the Democratic candidates are concerned, let me stress that I hope neither Obama nor Hillary become president of my country. Realistically, I have to deal with the fact that there will be one that is in the final run for the White House and since that is the case I would hope that one would be Bill Clinton's little wife with her vast knowledge of how to stand by your man no matter how much he may abuse the sanctity of marriage. She is a documented cuckold in front of the whole world and these two have shown the world that they have nary a care about the safety of the United States of America.

As I have stated over and over again, my concern is to fight the War on Terror and to win that, doing whatever it takes. It is laughable to me that we still hear talk of diplomacy and dialog as if the Islamic Extremists even care. Whoopi Goldberg said at one time that it would be one on one to talk our way out of this war and that was the only way. I said at the time "Dear Whoopi, you go first." On second thought, perhaps you should send the singer who recently divorced Bobby Brown. Cannot think of her name, but Bin Laden thinks she is the sexiest woman on the planet, which of course no one has ever been under the illusion that Whoopi was ever anything but, well Whoopi. Nuff said.

Barack Obama is a blank sheet of paper as far as anyone can tell. Hidden as it were, in what and who he really is or what he stands for. He hasn't made many mistakes and certainly has not made any advances as far as I can tell. He popped-up on the world stage as the Senator of Illinois and as far as his personal life and beliefs, he has written a couple of tear-jerkers that have been published as non-fiction. I don't pay much attention to those kinds of books. They are slanted to the extreme. They are self-serving and most often full of statements that have nothing to do the reality of that person’s life or real intentions. Check out Ted Kennedy's heroic effort to save the little campaign worker who died at the bottom of Chappaquiddick while he made dive after dive risking his life in order to save her. After the-Kennedy-save-the-Kennedy-machine got in full gear, it was almost to the point that I felt sorry for him to have been put into such a hazardous situation. I even worried about his neck brace. Did him hurt his widdle self, that great big hero. He came out later as a candidate for President and almost had to dodge the tomatoes and heads of lettuce that were thrown at him at this announcement.

King of slap-stick comedy is our Ted Kennedy. Elder statesmen? My hind-leg, as my mother used to say. Old gaseous windbag is more like it. I loved his older brothers, but I detest old Ted. As I said, he would not get elected dog-catcher outside his own state. When Ted Kennedy leads the parade, I stay home. Simple as that. I also do not pay much attention to Rush Limbaugh. Actually, I am pretty much a free thinker. The 'G' man was my first choice ,and now McCain is my choice. Simple, really, to come to this conclusion.

I watched with the rest of the world as Giuliani plowed into saving lives and did so tirelessly after 9/11. He proved his mettle, so to speak, and that is what counts to me. The thing with Obama that I do not like is him claiming to be against the war that was declared on us that September Day. If my country is attacked, my country will not surrender without a mighty effort to save us here in the USA. That has been proven over and over again with the precious blood spilled by our beloved military. The most beautiful boy with the most beautiful smile and a ton of personality gave his life for this cause. My grandson, Lance Corporal Aaron Cole Austin.

I don't care what party, race or gender a candidate may be. I want a warrior who will fight to the finish and give his life for my freedom. John McCain may be a little on the liberal side. He may even be friends and agree with a few of the Democratic numbskulls in DC. He spent seven years in Hanoi as a POW. He was even offered by the Viet Cong a release as a way for them to further propaganda. He refused his freedom in order stay with the other Prisoners of War. A hero...a real Hero. He said he would follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell to track him down. So Whoopi can definitely go first in the one on one dialog. I will vote for the man who survived in the hell holes of Vietnam as a tortured and beaten man and one who did not turn his back on his country or my country. As I said Whoopi...you go first and may I add that when you go; Please stay.

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

No comments: