- click on "enter loomis photography"
- click on "menu"
- click on "projects"
- click on "Iraq"
The Baptism starts down about 23 or so frames. The other photography is excellent too, so check out Loomis' site @ loomisphotography.com
Writings and musings on the eccentric beauty of sacrifice. Come journey and write with us. We are family and friends resolved to capture something positive in a troubled world and laugh when we can along the way. This, then, is dedicated in Loving Memory to LCpl. Aaron C. Austin, USMC KIA Fallujah, Iraq on April 26, 2004. Rock On...
The Baptism starts down about 23 or so frames. The other photography is excellent too, so check out Loomis' site @ loomisphotography.com
2 comments:
Wow! No wonder he won! Very powerful! You know, I've seen that picture of the Marine in shorts kneeling in front of the makeshift memorial so many times, and I never knew that it had Aaron's name on it.
Yes, isn't it great? We played this at the memorial here in Lovington. And Rick is such a great guy. Laid back with a quiet sense of humor. That day in Fallujah really shook him. He wrote a fantastic article for the LA Times called "Imagine Dying: Sometimes even a Photojournalist must turn to words..."
He cares very deeply for those men who were there that day and still manages to keep in touch when possible I think. I get 3 or 4 emails a year, and I'm on a list, so hopefully everyone will hear the good news about him. But I imagine he keeps in touch with Sgt. Magana, which is who the article is primarily about. He was hit on a different rooftop and Rick was with him.
Post a Comment