Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hey, Lady ...


...Just want to let Karen know that I am working on her request. It may be a day or two, but it's in the works.


Also want to let everyone know that Karen is heading up a very worthwhile event, and I want to give her a plug for it if she'll get me some info on it. The pink ribbon says a lot and maybe gUnZ uP can help in some small way.
Thanks, Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the story, De'on.

Yes, I am team captain for our Relay For Life team. We are the Terry County Courthouse team and we will be walking all night long June 1st in Brownfield's Relay For Life event. We have it at the High School football stadium from 6:30pm Friday until 6:30am Saturday morning. We raise money for the American Cancer Society and I have been participating in it every year for about 5 years now, but this is my first time to be a team captain. Anyone can have a team, lots of people and businessses participate every year. You have a baton, and you have to keep someone on your team walking with the baton all night! I have had a blast every year and it is so worth it! They have lots of events all night long, restaurants bring free food out at different times of the night, they have fun things for kids like tug-of-war, kareoke(sp)and lots of others. They also have a cancer survivors ceremony and at midnight a luminary ceremony that is awesome, dedicated to survivors and lost loved ones. The American Cancer Society holds these events all over the country every year. I am selling tickets for a Dell computer that will be given, and the money from this will all go to the American Cancer Society. It's just a fun way to raise money for a worthy cause, I have a blast every year. Thank you so much for mentioning it. I will be hitting you and the rest of the family up to see how many tickets you want!

De'on Miller said...

Great, Karen! How much are the tickets?