I’ve been visiting this afternoon with an old friend from junior high and high school. It’s been several years since I’ve talked, really talked, with him. It was kind of like being back in that day when we used to sell each other cigarettes for a nickel a piece, thus doubling the price of what a cigarette cost back in the good old days.
Steve Demory is his name and he just lives a block away. He was visiting with Roy and Lisa a while back and mentioned that he often saw me in the yard, but hadn’t felt comfortable stopping in to check on me since it had been so many years. Roy convinced him that it would be no problem and little discomfort for Steve if he stopped in on me. That’s been several months ago.
I saw him pull up this afternoon and went out to greet him. He handed me a Marine flag and said, “Here, I brought you this … I know you already have one …”
Steve returned just four days ago from spending a week or so with his younger son, Adam, who has just graduated from Boot Camp at Camp Lejuene. Steve was sporting a red USMC cap and was beaming. “Boy, that’s really something….” he said, referring to the ceremony he'd attended.
He sounded much like we all do after that unforgettable day that the awesome sons and daughters we raised move from status of Recruit to that of Marine.
Congratulations from gUnz uP goes out to
Private Adam Demory, USMC!
God bless you and thank you for serving!
Semper Fi!
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hoorah, Marine Adam Demory!
Mr. Demory, you have so much to be proud of and you are now in a brotherhood, a family that will always have your back, no matter what. I thank you and your son for your service! Best of everything to you.
Congrats Steve,I remember your son from the Country Club when ya were members out there,He was a good kid and i am sure he will be a awesome Marine,You can be proud of him,He picked the best,Donna
Post a Comment