
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Writings and musings on the eccentric beauty of sacrifice. Come journey and write with us. We are family and friends resolved to capture something positive in a troubled world and laugh when we can along the way. This, then, is dedicated in Loving Memory to LCpl. Aaron C. Austin, USMC KIA Fallujah, Iraq on April 26, 2004. Rock On...
2 comments:
"Send posters". It's funny the things they want. My oldest has a treasured,signed poster of the Texas Tech twirlers that was one of the first things he requested when he got to Japan.
Oh, I know. They make life so fun and interesting. The things I've kept out of Aaron's are as useless or old and torn... but they'll be things that he kept and I had no idea that he still had some. One is a soapstone turtle from Panama. A cheap cross he wore forever, things like that. I'm smiling now. It's so strange the times I miss ... they would have been gone no matter what. Had been gone. I wonder why that is. I rarely think of "What could have been." My mind goes blank.... I didn't know the future so I can't mourn where he'd be--instead I mourn for the kid who never could quite get his hair blonde. ;)
Post a Comment