Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rest in peace precious perfect son.
Momma loves you.



I find no shame in the words "Live by the sword; die by the sword." My son was a Warrior and when the Lord began to reach out His hand to Aaron, the child He loaned to me for such a short time, the Warrior fought Him as hard as he fought for those next to him during the ambush. But at 1150 Baghdad time, April 26th, 2004, or 1:50 AM MDST, his LORD prevailed and took Aaron home. His death would not become real to me until shortly around 4:00 PM. So as of now, the third anniversary of Aaron's passing is realized. His wind chimes are playing, and I know it's just for me. Really. They are playing with purpose.



Thank you for all of your prayers. We're not through with the celebration of Aaron's life by any means. I should get some sleep for now, so I can get Grandpa to the chiropractor, but when I get back, I'll put up more of the scrapbook and whatever else I can get into.



To all my family and friends. I'm good and I love you. We are blessed and I don't know what I'd do without you. And especially to those who fought and suffered alongside Aaron; from the bottom of my heart, I thank you and I do pray for you. I love you ... Doc, Sgt. Rett, Cruz, Harrell, Gomez, Sgt. Magana, Rick Loomis, Major Zembiec, SgtMaj Skiles, Barnes, Brown, Koci, Clifford, Vance, Bryant, Garcia, oh, so many of you. We need you. We do. We needed you that day, and we need you now. Even if you no longer wear the uniform, I pray you will always wear the MARINE.



Boy, those chimes are really going now!



Sweet dreams. Semper Fi,

De'on

3 comments:

Semper Fi Mom said...

This is just beautiful! Aaron, you and your mom have my deepest respect and gratitude.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and such a peacful picture of Aaron. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

And both of you Marine Moms have mine. We are all in this together.