added 11/27/05
added 11/27/05
added 11/27/05+ + +
Things like this were packed away in Aaron's stuff that he left behind in Amarillo with his dad. His dad didn't go through any of Aaron's things and had Jerrod bring it to me. This would be the first time that I saw the certificates of his promotions and his certificate from Machinegunner school. Aaron always kept his certificates and things with him. But he wanted a special room for his Marine things, and that's how Greg got started on the room for his special things while Aaron was in Iraq the 2nd time. Aaron saw pictures of the progress of the room, but of course, never saw the room or the 2nd scrapbook. I've been very glad that I didn't keep those 2 things a secret from him.
But he would know that of course, Mom would still go all out... whether he saw them with earthly eyes or with spiritual. So I keep on with "Stuff" because it always meant so much to him. The originals are framed and in his room today.
All my Panama stuff is just thrown in a box. And I'm glad you guys have thought I was cute in the Panama pictures because I think I only have one or two others of us! I would take them, then never develop the film, and years later, throw it away!
My goodness! Take your pictures, people! Save every little scrap of something you think you might like to look at in the next 100 years. Record your child's voice at various stages and take pictures of their bedrooms. Don't keep secrets of special events or any GOOD news from them. I'm not being negative here. I'm speaking from ... well, you already know where I'm speaking from. The "things" I have now are precious to me.... And I am smiling quite a bit, looking at something I haven't seen in a while. The stuff that stays out, I never grow weary of. And it still touches me. I guess putting this scrapbook together was so hard that I thought it would be miserable a bit to see it again, but that has not been the case at all. So, if you like this kind of thing, I don't think of it as morbid. I think of it as historical. And too, I have Marine mothers that understand that side of "showing off" their kids. Let's all do it more. We have so much to be proud of in the youth we've raised. With all of the horrid news today, let's show, no, let's proudly display the beautiful sons and daughters we raised. Instead of taking, they are giving.


No comments:
Post a Comment