added 11/21/05Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Writings and musings on the eccentric beauty of sacrifice. Come journey and write with us. We are family and friends resolved to capture something positive in a troubled world and laugh when we can along the way. This, then, is dedicated in Loving Memory to LCpl. Aaron C. Austin, USMC KIA Fallujah, Iraq on April 26, 2004. Rock On...
4 comments:
wow, I have never seen the pic to the left with the casket. It looks like it was a beautiful service. I wish I could have been there with you. Good night sweet friend.
It was so very beautiful. I know they all must be. I love seeing the horse-drawn carriage and I wish I'd chosen wood, but there weren't any photos I don't think. I was afraid wood might be a pine box, but the pictures I've seen of other funerals, they look just beautiful. I did all of this with our Marines in Lubbock, there in Lubbock, the selections I mean.
Aaron's headstone has since been changed out as well as a bench added.
Doug will never leave Amarillo for anything now. He'll be buried next to him. It is so very beautiful there with rabbits and trees and birds. You feel good out there. Everyone has said so. We sit and visit and look around. Doug goes every week.
Well, you shouldn't have gotten me started. And are you up now? I bet you were the loser at slumber parties, huh? ;)
LOL, I was!
Smart girl. I'm starting again. Tonight! I've been asleep this entire day.
Post a Comment