Monday, April 30, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: All the World's a Rose

Well after all this time that I have griped about what a big repulsive jerk Rosie O'Donnell is, who should pop up for the vacancy she leaves behind at The View but Rose Ann Barr. You remember Rose Ann no doubt. She is the clone of Rosie O'Donnell. Cut from the same cloth so to speak. I take back my previous comment that Barbara Walters had class and I couldn't understand why she would have Rosie on to start with. There is no such thing as class when she will allow her past successes to be overshadowed by the present failures. At least, it is failure as far as I can judge. Yes, she hides her face, acting embarrassed. You could spare me this little farce. You know Barbara Walters is aware as to what she lets herself in for with this kind of trash. Spare me the little cringe and face hiding, you are known by the company you keep.

By now, Ms. Walters has enough money to last her through five lifetimes. Why take a career that was a pioneer in its day as far as women's accomplishments are concerned. I remember her with an interview in the Middle East with Muammar Qaddafi. Headlining the big stations with the big coup. Strutting to the big events on the arms of the most powerful men in the world and now she does her little cringe act. As if anyone would pay any attention to that now.

Another one that is mentioned who might in fact take her place is Whoopee Goldberg, the one who grabbed her crotch and insulted the President on stage as she hosted some awards show for those brilliant world leaders and public advisers from the entertainment industries. I can't remember if it was the one that caters to the one sheet of toilet paper crowd or from the silver screen. They are inner-changeable now it seems. I don't understand power, or seeking fame. It looks as if I am to make it through this life as opinionated with my own view and not much else. Sadly lacking in social skills and seeking thrills, I’m just an old-stay-at-home and satisfied to do so. I find offensive behavior lacking. I know that Steve Ramos used me one time as an example when he said he made a fool of himself by creating a scene at Wal-Mart. Well that is not me and never was. I am not the type to call that kind of attention to myself. Maybe that is like his cancer. Never happened. But at any rate, I am disappointed in Barbara Walters. She had the means and the opportunity to walk away a dignified, classy lady. One that had made a difference, a role model as it were. Instead she turned into a parody of herself. When Anna Nicole told Mr. Marshall that she wanted to make something of herself, her goal being Playmate of the year, it turns out that somehow Ms. Walters had the same goal, to make herself into playmate of the year on "The View."

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

No comments: