Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Fever!

Editor's Note: I really can't believe I left this entirely intact! But, she's got a valid and undeniably vivid instruction. While I was reading with my mouth wide open, then laughing, then thoughts of trying to contact her went up with the realization that "that probably wasn't going to happen!" and about the time I thought of cutting it, I thought, you know, she's got a point. How many troops and civilians have lost their lives over poor hygeine practices? We're just now beginning to understand the huge importance of it. It's really not a joking matter.... so, take it away, Mom!

****

Last night before I turned out the light that I use each night for reading, I prayed fervently for our nation, for our president, for our troops. This is not unusual for me. The unusual part is that I had questioned my condemning words and attitude of those who now hold within their small majority the power to play havoc with the funding of our troops. To be perfectly honest, the reasoning behind this is because of all the brew-haw-haw about the last unproven idiotic stuff that is called scientific proof about global warming.

All of the so called facts are brought to the forefront by Al Gore. Let me tell you this much, I am certainly no expert on anything. I have opinions. Al Gore is no expert on anything either. He has opinions. He has the ability to look up the so called facts to suit his own slant. I guess I do too. The only difference being is that I can post what I find either pro or con on this blog. He can make movies and fly around the country with his trumped up facts. Yes, there is global warming. Always has been, and yes, we are the cause of much of it. That is the price we pay for what is considered progress of civilization, but in the end, I believe that every word of God is absolutely true and the Holy Bible says that God controls all of this. He knows when a sparrow falls and assures us that we are more important than a fallen sparrow. We are also assured by the almighty that there is nothing new under the sun, that what is happening now has happened before. Thus this is the fact that I base my assumptions on.

If the readers of this post really care about what God Himself has to say about the controlling of the weather, then I would refer you to Job Chapter 37. Start right there at the beginning of this chapter and make up your own mind. Either God is lying, or Al Gore is lying. I wish I had the ability to understand everything that is in the Bible. Alas, I just don't. I am also very hesitant to give just my interpretation, but this chapter in the book of Job is very self explanatory. I urge everyone to read it and to run the references that it contains concerning this chapter.

Honestly, I am not afraid of what we can or cannot do. I will go so far as to say this, and I don't think I am bragging when I say that I know just as much about nearly anything as Al Gore. We get it into our heads that those in Washington are in some way superior, have more knowledge than you and me. This is not the case at all. I don't suppose that the United States ever had a president that was more book smart than President Clinton, but the man had no common sense. He had no judgment. Even then I feel certain that Mr. Clinton had no more book smarts than me. This is true about many of us. It is a gift from the Almighty. More to be thankful for than to brag about.

I also would like to say right here that I resent everything about the incident involving Sheryl Crow and the producer of the movie "An Inconvienent Truth". I am as good a steward of the earth as the next person, as I am sure most everyone reading this is. It was finally decided by the talking heads on TV last night that she was joking about the toilet paper issue. If one wants to call that a harmless joke, then I will argue with it. Toilet training is the number one taught skill from a parent to a child. Everything up until that is just natural. Copy-cat to walk, to talk, but toilet training is taught. We’re also taught to wash our hands with soap and dry them. This is a vital part of our training.


Not long ago a famous chef that caters food to the rich and famous had an incident where one of his workers hadn't washed up properly, and it caused some to become very sick. E-coli is a killer. Deadly and without a cure. It is preventable only. E-coli, Hepatitis and other dreaded diseases that are killers come from those who do not practice sanitary habits. Here is the truth about this proper procedure. When you go to the bathroom use plenty of toilet tissue be sure and flush the commode. I use a knuckle and not the tips of my fingers. Then be sure and wash your hands with soap. Soap kills the germs that could kill you. I use dozens of baby wipes on my hands daily. I am a nut when it comes to sanitary conditions for my family. With good cause. I have vinyl gloves that I throw away after each use when I am handling food that I cook. So Ms Crow, I would like to say shut up. You are not only ignorant, uncaring, and silly; you are undermining what is taught as a survival behavior. Clean hands, clean hands, clean hands, you dope.


SUPPORT THE TROOPS! Oh yes, if you happen to be at a dinner with Ms Crow, I would suggest you watch very carefully everything she comes in contact with and avoid it. I am sure she practices what she preaches; therefore she is nasty and a health hazard.

1 comment:

Semper Fi Mom said...

"therefore she is nasty and a health hazard." Oh my! I got a good belly laugh out of that one! Thank you Virgie Bell!