Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Going for broke

It is just the hardest thing for me to get used to what must be the things that others accept without question. The more I see and hear of John Edwards, the more I dislike him. Today it is because I found out that he receives $400.00 haircuts paid for by the Democratic Finance Committee. I had no idea that anyone anywhere paid such a price for a haircut, but the information floors me. He also lets the finance committee pick up tabs on other beauty products that he deems necessary for his appearance. These are pricey items that your dollars and mine go for because when a person officially declares his bid for the office of President, a set amount of money goes to help with financing. Truly, this just makes me sick. To think that he feels entitled to this kind of money spent while declaring himself the champion of the poor and down trodden!

A 29,000 square foot home recently built for the Edwards family was excessive in my opinion. Who on earth needs a house that big? I was so impressed with him and his family during the presidential election when he was chosen by John Kerry to run as his Vice President. He is a fraud, and I am sorry that Elizabeth Edwards has cancer, but to be honest, I can't see either one as benefiting our nation in any way in any office. The reason I say this is because when the question of such a monstrous house was mentioned, she replied in defense of the extravagance by saying “they didn't take trips.” She furthered her defense with something as lame as “We went to Europe on frequent flyer miles.” The last I heard was that in order to have such a courtesy, one was required to fly. When one is in that part of the world, they travel about in cars from one country to another. The countries are all so small that if you do any sight seeing at all, one must travel by car or miss the whole point of a European trip. But $400.00 haircuts? It is beyond me.

I’m redundant in saying that the chances of having a Democrat Party member as the next president is looking pretty good at this time, therefore, I keep trying to find one I would like more than the other. So far, I am appalled at the lack of moral fiber each one possesses. To campaign as a champion for the poor and spend glutinous amounts of money on homes or hair-gel is ludicrous and I can’t bear to think of them in charge of any money or decision regarding it.

In regards to Senator Clinton, I have little respect for her. She was to meet with the Rutgers basketball team day before yesterday, but the tragic shooting at Virginia Tech took her out of the headlines. I would never vote for her for the lack of dignity she brought to the White House. At some point, one has to consider self respect as essential, and must therefore treat the position of First Lady with dignity, but she never did. President Clinton was responsible for many unworthy acts, but I found that the Supreme Court today has outlawed partial birth abortion. I am just so grateful.

I have had a bigger problem with that issue than I do anything else that Pres. Bubba signed into law. How can anyone think that it is alright to cave in a full term babies head in order to spare the mother having the child? This being the reasoning behind such an act. It might damage the woman's reproductive powers. I would say that they need to have such powers diminished. Some of these babies were crying right before scissors were plunged into the soft spot of the babies’ skulls in order to stop the birth. At any rate, that is now one thing that is off the table as far as a woman’s right to choose. Look for Hanoi Jane to be screeching for the government to stay out of our wombs. Let me say right off to her and her supporters: Stop bashing our babies’ heads in to kill them. Do not for one instant think that any thinking person believes that they care about our military death toll when they willingly kill full-term babies; I will never believe that. If one has to be a conservative in order to vote against the Jane Fonda's of this nation, then I will die a conservative. At some point our vote has to be for what we know in our hearts to be decent.

As for Obama; He is just so untried and without experience for the presidency. It is easy to claim this and that belief, but so far, it seems that his actions are not in accordance with the laws of the land. Maybe it is a small thing to have hundreds of dollars piled up in parking tickets from his student days and only just recently paid off. We drive around to find a valid parking place and pay our fines. That is the way it is supposed to be. If you feel above a law then you are unlawful. Parking places that are illegal and hundreds of dollars piled up in unpaid fines makes me wonder what else the rich and famous feel free to ignore; a good example is Governor Corzine, who was traveling at 91m.p.h. The wreck has injured him badly. He did not use a seat belt, which is the law nationwide. The insignificant laws are there for a reason. I wish him well in recovery. But I can tell you I have no respect for those who disobeys rules that the citizens are expected to abide by. And if you have your own $400. for a haircut, go for broke. But keep your hands out of my pocket. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

No comments: