Sunday, May 6, 2007

229th for 2/1: Blues


After learning of Aaron's sacrifice, The Pechanga sent up a lavish table of champagne, various cheeses and fresh fruits. It was beautiful. In the OIF 2 scrapbook there is a page with the napkin and a couple of other things from the table. I wasn't able to keep the fresh gardenia. The Pechanga tribe is a neat tribe. They all have a part in the resort, is what someone told us anyway. It's a small tribe (I think) and the youth all work in the resort for a certain amount of time and then they too become part-owner. I can't remember the details of it all, but the resort has really developed in a short amount of time.

1 comment:

Semper Fi Mom said...

How sweet of them! You know I wonder what the percentage is of native Americans who serve in the Marines. Seems like a high percentage. Both of my Marines had some go through bootcamp with them and serve with some now (all different tribes of course).

I tried to comment a couple of times yesterday, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Anyway, lots of great posts as usual.