Saturday, May 5, 2007

Last letter April 22, 2004





Of course the last letter Aaron wrote to me arrived well after the fact. I know I've posted this before, but that was on the old blog quite a while ago. This will be the last letter I post written to me by Aaron during the war. The letters from OIF 1 are great. He's excited and funny and full of freedom, and girlfriend problems and rashes in all the sweaty parts, so rather than blip out half the letter, we'll just skip it and I know you'll appreciate that rather than try and guess at what I've marked out!! :) But seriously, as I've mentioned before, not a lot of the family felt good about this trip. Some even think that in a way, without realizing it, Aaron himself knew. I don't know. I do know this letter is 3x the length of any other letter at any other time. I hope I know. For me, I mean. It'd be nice to get ready. To say everything that needed to be said, and to totally do away with anything that doesn't matter. Can you imagine? I want to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how I wish things were different. I do know there is a very special place in heaven for you. It will be filled with so much love, peace, and joy. I wish I could be there to see it!