
click on any posted image to enlarge
Writings and musings on the eccentric beauty of sacrifice. Come journey and write with us. We are family and friends resolved to capture something positive in a troubled world and laugh when we can along the way. This, then, is dedicated in Loving Memory to LCpl. Aaron C. Austin, USMC KIA Fallujah, Iraq on April 26, 2004. Rock On...
4 comments:
That is a wonderful letter! Aaron obviously had a good head on his shoulders. I got tickled with his reference to his grandmother. Thanks so much for sharing all this with us De'on!
I am so happy to share all of this with you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I've put a lot of thought and tears into these things, and truthfully, for me, I'd rather share them than just have them put up.
This war has involved all of us and all of us share this time in history.
And yes, Aaron had a great head on his shoulders; I think especially behind that gun or in battle. Isn't it funny that as we raise them, we try to instill everything into them that will be of good use, yet they still manage to surprise us with their mastery of life!
I love the hope and the confidence in this letter. I am so glad that he got to experience this confidence in himself. I'm glad he got to feel the pride for the job he was doing. Mostly, I'm glad that he was truly in love.
I know. That's my favorite. He died with a lot of hope and many plans. That's important. SgtMaj Skiles said Tiffany was so faithful in sending something every day; he'd share the cards and pictures and stuff.
Thank God some little girl wasn't breaking his heart with pranks and games during this time. Thank God.
Post a Comment