It has just been relayed to me that Major Douglas Zembiec was killed in Baghdad on Thursday. "Captain" Zembiec was the unit commander in Fallujah when Aaron was killed. He was a brave and compassionate warrior with a new family. Please keep his family in your prayers. My heart is just broken for them. I spoke with Major Zembiec for a short while when I was in DC one year ago this month. He was at the 18th & I Marine Barracks on the Friday we were there for An Evening Parade. I know well enough about him to say without any hesitation; he'd rather die a warrior's death than any. He's with Aaron. I know all these things. And more. And I appreciate his family to the nth degree.
David Bryant is currently trying to reach the Marines from 2/1 who were under Major Zembiec's command. Please email me if you need to be put in contact with them.
I had just gotten home from the grocery store and checked my e-mail, so I haven't learned a lot yet, except they were on a raid and ambushed. Apparently, the Major was the first to pass due to a gunshot wound to the head.
Please pray for all the guys from 2/1 too. He was admired by everyone I ever talked to.
God bless and Semper Fi,
De'on
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This is heartbreaking.
Farewell, Major, and Walk with God.
I am Maj. Michael Martino's brother-in-law. Michael was the 2/1 Echo FAC in Fallujah in April 2004 and was on the patrol into the Jolan when Aaron was killed. Michael always spoke highly of Doug Zembiec. Unfortunately Michael was shot down and killed in Nov. 2005 near Ramadi on his 2nd tour. Our family was saddened to hear of Doug's death - he gave a lot of comfort and nice words when Michael was killed, I know that there are pleny of Marines doing the same for his family now. RIP
As saddened as I am by the news that brings you here, Chuck, I am so very grateful for the words you've shared with us here and I thank God for your beautiful and amazing family.
Please take care and pass my highest regards to your family.
Post a Comment