Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Immigrants and other Drum Majors

I finished the book Inside Outside last night around midnight. The author, Herman Wouk, is just the greatest writer I’ve ever read, and I have read many. He penned a little sentence that I loved and it regarded Hollywood mentality. His main character in the book, I. David Goodkind, referred to his nephew who’d become a brain surgeon in La La Land (Hollywood). "It seemed to me that he would starve considering the lack of things to operate on, but seems to have been doing quite well ... maybe it was transplants." Well of course I just ate this up. I have found myself shaking with laughter until I wonder that it hasn't awakened Jerry. I now lack three of Mr. Wouk’s books until I have read all of them. I really hate to finish. He is just that good. The one that I have started now was written by him in 1948. It is titled City Boy and I am just starting, but already love it.

I will be glad when identification of the body of the insurgent is officially identified in Baghdad. I hope and pray it is truly the leader that they think he is. Make no mistake; it will not change one darned thing in the House or Senate. They are determined to gain more seats in these governing bodies. The war is really something they want to lose, no matter the cost. I am sorely afraid that the only thing that will change this mind-set and desire for political leverage is another 9/11. Rest assured that will happen if this keeps going the way that it is. I told De'on that I really wished they could fire off a few smart bombs, those that can almost go through the eye of a needle, and maybe start with that little bunch in the hills of Hollywood. Start with Sean Penn. He is a tough guy. He can catch it between his teeth, and spit it back at them. It might get the attention of a few of those not so tough like the slob, Michael Moore, the drum major that leads the parade to the music of his own drum.

As you know, the president vetoed the bill sent to him by Congress, the one calling for a timetable for our troops to come home, puts the libs in charge of all things and overrides the thinking of our military’s leadership. Take a good close look at Ms. Pelosi and Harry Reid. I mean really look at them. Check out the record they stand on. Is this who we want to be in charge of our protection? I think not. It is as if they were a bowl of Pabulum done up in clothes. The first food given to a baby. Far from solid, far from substantial. Pelosi really makes me cringe with her little breathy voice as she voices her most recent attack on the Bush administration. Reid looks like he would be better at serving his country in a glee club. He is man enough for that. At some point they are going to be responsible for the death of our servicemen and women. John Edwards’ latest strategy to break the stalemate is this: send another bill with a withdrawal date and if it is vetoed, send another bill with a withdrawal date. In other words; let our military be killed while they wait for supplies.

I listened to Fred Thompson being interviewed last night and though he has not announced his candidacy, I wish he would. He is a savvy politician. His cancer is in remission and as I’ve said before, the most desirable quality we should desire in our leadership is sound judgment, something that I don't see within the democratic challengers, and something I really wish I would see. I think our country needs that ingredient more than anything. Thompson has an excellent record of serving in the Senate for eight years. He was elected by his home state of Tennessee with the largest margin of victory in history. Tennessee is Al Gore's home state. They threw that man out like he was yesterday’s dishwater, and this is the state that pulled the welcome mat out from under the Dixie Chicks. They seem to be very much a red blooded state. Home of country and western music with a great love for their country.

The immigration march against this country pretty much fizzed yesterday. I have found it to be the fact that you don't demand anything from our country. We are the greatest supporters of other countries in need, but don't try to tell us what you demand which is a real turn-off to the legal citizens who fought for the freedom of this country. I didn't catch which city it was where two people stood on a corner with banners in opposition to the illegal and were attacked. It took about sixty policemen to hold the enraged mob off our own, legal taxpayers with the right to hold a sign up expressing their views, yet instead were attacked by those holding forth flags from other countries. The favored speakers wore the Mexican flag draped around their neck like a superman parody and then made demands on we the people, The American people. I’ll run that by again in case you missed it. Two American citizens were attacked by the immigration marchers for exercising their right to another opinion. It really makes me sick. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

1 comment:

Semper Fi Mom said...

Virgie Bell, I completely agree. They WILL be responsible for the deaths of servicemen and women if they don't come to their senses. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Oh, and I like Fred Thompson too.