Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Troop Treason

I wish the Democrats would quit using what they claim as the will of the American People as their reason for sending a bill to President Bush which they knew he could not sign. In the bill they have called for just about every kind of pork that they could dream up so that to fund our troops would enrage the public.

We are so very tired of this kind of sabotage. The last poll that was taken, 85% of the American public was for funding our troops. I think the bill stopped just short of funding John Edwards’ haircuts and short shorts for Madame Speaker for her summer fact finding missions with the enemies of our country. Meanwhile our troops are left without the supplies they need to defend themselves in a hostile environment against Al Qaeda, which is actually worldwide. The battle in Iraq grows more important as Cesar Chavez takes over the last oilfield in Venezuela. General Petraeus was confirmed by the entire House and Senate and then his hands were tied immediately. So in the meantime, our troops stand without the funds necessary to defend this country.

I hope the Dems feel a backlash that turns into a tidal wave that they feel for a long time. My heart is just breaking that we have stooped to this kind of betrayal. SUPPORT THE TROOPS YOU IDIOTS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Virgie, besides the "will of the people" how can they even compare that with the experience and wisdom of our Military? I think of all people, I would want our Military leaders to decide how to deal with this war over the "will of the people", but that's just me.