Sunday, May 6, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Yellow Roses

I had a good birthday yesterday. It really looked as if it would be lousy. It seems everyone was really into the phone call and no one had any plans for any little giftys. What is a birthday without gaily wrapped packages cradling special goodies within? Finally after the day was nearly gone, along came Lisa, Weston, and Jess with a little miniature rosebush in hand, its yellow roses all abloom, also a cake and some ice cream. Well it turned out pretty good after all. I am promised a day out with the girls. To eat and to go to the movies. I was promised that before but somehow it never came about. Started looking at the paper today in order to see if I would feel as if I was betraying our troops by going to the movies. I have never heard of the ones that are playing. I hope we can go to a show that has some of those good movie stars that are not so involved in being the very best friends to Al Gore. Honestly, can you imagine anyone or anything as silly as the Hollywood bunch? It has gotten to the point that I can watch only for a short time. I remember Queen Latifah picking a little lint off Mr. Gore's shoulder; she acted so wifely and puffed up with pride. The brains of the world unite as Al Gore goes about the business of saving us from ourselves.

I saw Queen in the movie Chicago. It was a musical starring Rene Zellwinger, and I really did like her in that. I could do without the little lint picking on the former Vice President. Leonardo De Caprio threw an arm around him too—acted as if Gore was a new savior to the world. I had thought he would be just completely worn out from inventing the internet, but Al just keeps on going. When George Clooney came on stage to announce whoever, he was able to give us all a little inside tip on Mr. Gore’s future plans in the political world. Oh yes. Things are good in Hollywood Hills again. As you are aware things more or less tapered off for a while in the great love-fest between our nation’s capital and the movie stars. Yes, it’s sad to have to admit that the art and entertainment business is joined at the hip with those mental giants. Those Hollywood Stars. I wish it wasn't so, for I am more or less arty myself. My talents have always been more in line with singing and dancing and that sort of entertainment. But I will also say I have a great distrust with any of them trying to pass themselves off as intellectuals. Movies are about pretending. At one time expectations were for the stars to more or less behave themselves. You know. Things like keep your panties on in public. Don't shave your head in public. Have a driver’s license which is more or less valid. Those little things that most of us do anyway. No more. Nope.

The word is out that if a democrat gets the office of president, it will be a Clinton. Guess that means Hillary. Gone forever the hope of something being done to protect us from attacks on American soil. I hear that Al Qaeda is salivating for the next election. Weak on Defense? Ask the Taliban who they want to take the office.

The good new is that France has a new leader who actually likes the Americans. That should be a welcome change when we have the votes in the UN. I listened to Chris Dodd being interviewed today. Just the same old stuff, talking all around a subject with nothing to say except that he speaks for all the American people. Not for me they don't. My heart will always be in support of the troops and the mission that is thrust upon them when we have been attacked by a vicious enemy. My family was always behind our military.

I guess it is time to look up what the current movies are in our areas. I fully intend to hold those girls to the promise. Been a very long time since it was girls night out, and looking forward to it.


SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIRGIE BELL!!!!! I'm so Happy your Birthday turned out to be great! Good luck on finding a movie, they just don't make them like they use to! Most of the Hollywood peeps are traders! I hope your rose bush blooms like crazy! Yellow Roses are my favorite!