Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm feeling the love ...

I just want to take this opportunity to let all my friends and family know that I am doing just great right now, and I expect it to continue.

Many times, things require something as simple as one foot in front of the other. Through God’s help, which I know comes from the prayers of His people, I am pushing forward, doing things I don’t want to do, but still doing them anyway. Like the song goes: “Keep On Keeping On.”

I’m not sure what it is, but I truly believe I owe many of my gUnZ uP readers, who I know are primarily family and friends that pray for me, a sincere “Thank you.” Through gUnZ uP, I’ve made friends that are every bit as precious to me, and many of those I will never meet in person, while others like Semper Fi Mom, I will make every endeavor to meet. There are a few like her and Gunny John and Gunz and Flag Gazer that I truly believe pray for me as well.

This past week, I have felt great. I’ve tried to go to bed at a decent time, which I still fail at on a regular basis, but at least it’s not an every night thing anymore. It’s funny how a “decent time” I now consider being two in the morning, but hey, that’s better than nine in the morning!

I’ve started back to my Monday morning Bible Study and those ladies are just the best thing in the world for me. It’s great how God can take His people from so many social, economical and religious backgrounds and mold us into one mighty unit. We have come to love each other so. It is the power of God’s Word as well as shared sorrows. There is a freedom, love and acceptance between us that defies explanation.

If the ruler of this world, who is Satan until God takes back what is His, can keep us from our spiritual nourishment, which our Father says comes from the power of His Word, then our true enemy captures the victory of that battle. No, he won’t win the war. The end has already been written, but we all know that Satan can be victor in our own lives, especially during times of great stress or sorrow. In our weariness, we unknowingly allow him room to rock our worlds. It is in this state that we become too tired to even pray for ourselves, which makes the prayers of His people all the more important. I’ve been there in this state of numbness for quite a while, but not anymore.

This is me, folks. I’m coming out! God has answered your prayers for me in a mighty way.

Today I believe God’s Word for the good of EVERYTHING! EVEN IN THE MIDST OF TRAGEDY AND SORROW. My sons are in Heaven. I’m going there too. That life, after ALL is finished, and we get back our bodies, the bodies God created, my two sons and I are going to rock in a new world. I have to believe that or not. For me, there is no middle ground.

I believe. And today sorrow does not hold the key. But life....

Thank you, readers. Get ready to rock this week on gUnZ uP. It is a full week for me of the celebration of one of the greatest gifts God has given me, nearly 22 years of the funnest kid who ever breathed! I love you, Aaron Cole Austin. And I love you all.

Thank you for praying. I’ll be back. VB has sent me a post and I’ll go see what I can get into, something to scan or write or draw or plant … probably scan….

Semper, Semper Fi!
De’on

7 comments:

Semper Fi Mom said...

Awww De'on! You are such an inspiration to me! My faith has been strengthened through our friendship. You will continue to be in my prayers always.

De'on Miller said...

Oh thank you! They are good, good prayers! Keep 'em coming! God must be used to hearing my name by now! :)

Anonymous said...

I second what Semper Fi Mom said. You truley are an inspiration! I laughed so hard at the 2AM thing!
You keep on keeping on!

With Love,
Diane

De'on Miller said...

You are a hoot and an inspiration! You have a great sense of humor and a remarkable ability to make people feel good.

I just know Aaron loves hearing from you on the message board.

Thanks for being here all of these years now. Okay, 2 or 3 years, but it feels like a hundred!

Anonymous said...

Despite the other stuff in my life, you are ALWAYS in my prayers. You also have my gratitude for so many things - Aaron, your friendship, your spirit, and I could go on and on!!!

You are loved!

De'on Miller said...

I know. Thanks Flag Gazer.

Anonymous said...

We will get through the loss of our boys Deon,Their in a better place than us and we will be reunited with them,You are my inspiration and i love you so much,Donna