added 11/22/05
added 11/22/05
added 11/22/05
added 11/22/05The last letter Aaron wrote to Tiffany, which I posted down in the basement at one time, was published in this Texas Monthly Magazine. The copy of her letter is underneath.
This memorial was dedicated on June 30, 2004 which was the same day that the Marines brought Aaron's stuff from Iraq to me. It was on this day that Hennessy scratched and cried at Aaron's box, then his bedroom door, and then the front door. Then he just laid and down and went even deeper into his depressed state. Hennessy gets by with a great deal because of this one day.
Thus far, Aaron's name remains singular on that stone for those who have given or will give their lives for the Global War on Terror. However, Andrews TX/Hobbs, NM has lost a soldier in Iraq. It sounds as if Andrews is where he's from, but Hobbs is where he's lived for a while. I will bring you more information on that later. RIP dear troop.
I'm doing great today and have received e-mails of support from several, to include our fabulous Marine Moms Online and Tiff's dad. A friend who lost her son to cancer on the same day we lost Aaron has e-mailed me, my sister brought by daisies, says she's anxious to get to the blog because she hasn't been able to in forever, my mom sounds frisky and Dad is safely tucked back into his apartment. Greg is building cabinets, the babies are asleep and I'll take a little break and be back later.
Diane left an awesome message on Aaron's board. She's great.
Semper Fi!


5 comments:
De'on, one of the other moms emailed me about the Andrews soldier. She said she thinks his mother is from Lubbock. Would you let me know if you hear anything more?
Love you dear, and you are in my prayers today and always.
What kind of cabinets is Greg making? I emptied my dishwasher and made the cake. That's about all the energy that drink gave me!! LOL, I use to have so much energy, I don'tknow what happened, maybe it's the 40 pounds I gained. Everyday I say I'm going to stop smoking and lose weight. That day never seems to come. I'm so happy you are hearing from everyone. I know you have a long time to go before your even half way normal as far as making it through each day. I'm just so happy you have so many wonderful people in your life to be there for you when you need help standing or just getting out of bed. After all you bring so much to our lives...You do mine!
Semper Fi Mom,
I got Greg to buy a Hobbs paper and there's nothing in there. Lisa is the one who told me this morning and Kayla has dance tonight, but when she is home and settled, I will find out some more from her. Greg did say our flags are at half staff.
And I love you. Your prayers are mighty.
And Diane, Greg is rebuilding our kitchen, so they are just regular Paul Bunyon cabinets. :0 He is an absolute master carpenter. He's prone to make everything extra large, so my little house is a little full.
That is so cool what you did today, Diane...the energy drink, cake batter and cigarettes. Now what kind of a person does that? Wow! There are some of you I've just gotten crazy about! And you two top the list, except for those men in uniform! ;)
And really, I am feeling very well. It is a miracle. It is.
PS I'm hideous, but why would you want to quit smoking? LOL!
PS I'm hideous, but why would you want to quit smoking? LOL!
I have no earthly idea, everyone says I should! LOL
Post a Comment