Saturday, April 21, 2007

Scrapbooking OIF 2: What Heart!

added 11/23/05
added 11/23/05

+ + +

John Harrell's mother, Marilyn, sent me a CD recorded by a female vocalist who sings the song: "He Was Born with a Purple Heart." The song is perfect. It's as if it was written for Aaron.

The photo of Aaron and Zach was taken outside VB's apartment when she was a single-lady in Littlefield. I was home on leave from DC I think, so this photo would be from the summer of 1989, I think.

Look how Aaron is looking at Zach. That's exactly how he looked at his cousin, three years his senior, for his entire life. Zach was Aaron's hero, and now Aaron is Zach's hero. The Reply is written for the heroes and is somewhere in the sidebar.

MERITORIOUS MAST is down in the basement. If you have problems reading it there, let me know and I'll be happy, very happy, to type it up here. Aaron gave the original to me on Christmas 2003 because he was broke (oh? big shocker!! lol). And I'm glad he was broke.

BTW: I still have all of the originals. Those in the scrapbook are all copies.



2 comments:

Semper Fi Mom said...

If you click on the pictures, you can see them larger. That's what I do when I can't read it or want to see something closer. I'm loving the scrapbook!

De'on Miller said...

Well, aren't you the smartest thing! Thanks! I'm such a doh-doh! I do it on other photos, why hadn't I thought of it here?!? lol