Monday, April 23, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Energizer Bunnies ... they keep going and going and ...

When a whole nation is in mourning over the mass murder on a college campus; while our nation’s flag flies at half mast and our President refuses to take part in making jokes during this time of bereavement but still holds tradition high, and with a sense of continuum, (something the country could probably use a little of right now), proceeds with the recognition of our nation's correspondents, and Ms. David chooses this time to create a scene! Ms. Inconvenient Truth struts over to the table of the White House advisers and creates an uproar, with Sheryl Crow right beside her, blasting away with her two bits. Do the Hollywood activists have no shame, no sense of decency? Don’t they have a clue as to what is considered parliamentary procedure? There are just some things that we are expected to observe.

I would like to correct Ms. Crow about Carl Rove's role in working for her. No, he does not work for you. Presidential advisors are by appointment. Not by vote. The President was duly elected by the majority of the voting population. The change in Washington was in the Congress and the Senate. I predict if this new majority keeps going with their same moral and ethics standard, which are in the toilet by the way, then we will see another change. Voters are sick that we might choose to change these offices every two years. You can call it a protest vote. That is as good as anything else. “Throw the bums out” is becoming a favored bumper sticker. Ms. David and Ms. Crow were completely out of line. This is subversion of a government from within. On old communist tactic. If we the people are to be subjected to this outrageous behavior, then the communist influence is alive and well. The government of the people, by the people, and for the people is in grave danger. I am appalled. I truly mean that. And I am greatly saddened.

It seems all of the things I was brought up to respect have gone by the wayside. Dignity, decorum, proper behavior, it is all gone. No one knows what to expect. We have a civil war going on right here within the United States. A bloodless coup thus far. You know I watched the Academy Awards this year. I even enjoyed it and posted a nice write up here on Gunz Up. I don't go to the movies anymore. I am just so tired of the activists and their “in your face” behavior. Example: Melissa Etheridge as in the female singer and her wife. Right. We the people of the United States of America voted that one down, overwhelmingly. But it doesn't matter. She has a wife. She also has an ex-wife with a child that was artificially inseminated by David Crosby. There is no divorce required and for that matter no legal child support. A dangerous thing for the child involved. Who is responsible for this child's welfare ultimately? Legally, we are. The taxpayer. The child was brought into the world where rules and laws do not apply to this one innocent life. No government laws exist that cover this child, or children in similar situations. These are the same people that believe in abortion on demand at anytime during a pregnancy. There have been untold millions of lives destroyed; innocent lives. These are the people who declare outrage that our soldiers have been killed in a war that was declared on us. Those in action, those who stand ready to defend our freedom and trained in lessons of military. Those within the womb are completely and totally defenseless.

I would like to end this post with a complement to Dolly Parton, the country and western singer, screen idol, and national treasure that’s been around for years and years. She is one that has staying power. I have heard her interviewed several times and do not have a clue as to which party she belongs to. I just know that I can enjoy anything that she does. The Ms. Crows and Ms. Davids will be a blimp on the screen of life. They will also be a shame to an American dream, one my grandson fought and died for. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do the Hollywood activists have no shame, no sense of decency? NO, they do not! Nor do they care that they are an embarrassment to most Americans! It just sickens me that they use their fame to put America down. I'm sure the terrorist love Hollywood.