Thanks for all the great comments everyone! SFM, I don’t know what’s up with the comments thing?!? Mom can’t use hers at all. Anyway, I’m glad you were able to today.
I’m moving a little slow today. I went to bed at 11:30 PM (!), got up at 8:00 AM, but just not moving much. Perhaps it’s because it’s arraignment day for Ramos. It brings out a great many passions with me: true forgiveness (but that has nothing to do with the penalty I believe he should have for doing this. He is a repeat offender at theft, but this is the lowest of the lows. I wonder if it’s not pure evil even.) But Steve or his crime doesn’t touch, not even close—my relationship with God, nor will it. Right or wrong, he is not important to me. It’s much easier to forgive than to set and think about him. Forgive. Forget. Sorry, Steve—as soon as I found out, you meant nothing to me. Personally, you just can’t touch what I’ve been through. You are yesterday’s news. Even this is not important to me.
But a couple of things are. One is that Steve knew what all he was playing with. He was playing with Aaron’s memory and money. I can handle that. I know Aaron handles that too. Steve was dreadfully wrong in that. But so are grave robbers. Where I have a hard time at is in the fact that he messed with my family. He knew I’d just begun to overcome a problem with alcohol. July 8th is the last drink I’ve had as of now. He entered my door in September and in that amount of time he took money, he said he was shot in Fallujah, he sifted out to Aaron’s family rocks and sand, he suffered from family and financial woes, and to top it all off, he told the world he had progressive cancer and then sent one final note to me: that he wanted to go off and die alone.
I thank God that He has gotten me through this time. I don’t yet know particulars, but it does matter to me what they are. I thank God for my understanding family and friends who’ve babied me all the way. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t needed it. But I will say this, Ramos put a lot at stake, and if you’ve looked at the pictures of my sister’s eyes, that alone will make me see this thing through to the final hour—sober. More sober than I’ve ever been.
Yes, I’ve prayed for Steve a few times, but not as many times as I’ve prayed with Steve. Since then, a couple of times I’ve prayed because I felt spiritually led to and a couple of times because God told us to pray for our enemies. Everything Steve stands for is my enemy. But mostly in any prayer concerning this, I’ve prayed for God to make my heart right. I believe it is.
as of 4:30 PM I have found out that the arraignment was moved to next Monday. I don't know the reason why.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
De'on, the more I learn about you, the more I admire you. You have been through hell and back again and have lived to tell the tale. You keep on telling and I will keep on reading. Love you!
I love you. And your sons and everything you stand for.
And I am kind of a pathetic story, huh? It's almost embarrassing. LOL! Not really. NOTHING IS WASTED!
Thank you! You are truly great lady!
I second what Semper Fi says! If ya ask me Steve's the pathetic one! He's more than pathetic, he's a blood sucking pathetic leach (however ya spell that). I'm just so glad he's out of your life. You keep on keeping on!
I will Diane! Thanks for all your great comments today. You've read a lot today, huh? You're great and we all appreciate the info you pass on to us here.
You are so right! Nothing is wasted. The most powerful testimonies are from those who've come through the most. You don't want to read a book where everything is great and nothng happens the whole time...it's sort of the same thing. I don't think you will ever realize the lives that you have touched.
I'm sitting here kicking myself for not thinking about searching for him sooner. I've always wondered what happened to him so I'm fasinated at what you guys have to say. But, I'm sick to my stomache that I couldn't have told you sooner. Please see my other post for my saga with Steve. I'm shaking my head thinking...two times in prison...GEEZ!
He did teach me something very important and I've shared the experience over and over again. Never, ever, ever give out your Social Security number.
I just can't get over that this is something that he has done and sort of gotten away with for over 20 years.
Post a Comment