Friday, May 4, 2007

Virgie Bell's View: Who wrote the notes?

I fully intended to watch the debate of the Republican candidates last evening but got tied up in other matters. I read the newspapers today and it didn't have much to add to what we already know. I can't decide as of yet who would be he best one to carry the ball to the finish lines from the GOP. My mind keeps getting sidetracked by the goings on within our leaders in the nation’s Capitol. Can you imagine that there is even talk of Ms. Pelosi running for president? It makes me shudder to even hear such a thing. Madam Speaker is the lightest lightweight we have ever had in Washington DC. She is a Dingbat that came into her position more or less by default. Someone else had to quit for whatever reason and she was appointed by that person. Of course when someone gets into office, it is nigh on impossible to get them out. Senator Robert Byrd comes to mind. The egos of our leaders in DC are mind boggling.

I remember when Hillary Clinton first came to Capitol Hill as the Senator of NY, and that Senator Byrd, with eyes all aglow, talked about her coming around to his office and asking advice on being among that elite club. “SHE TOOK NOTES,” exclaimed he, his chest puffed up with pride. Does anyone in their right mind think she needed advice from someone like him? Another thing that gets to me about our leaders is when they gather around a microphone, it seems they would stand on one another's shoulders to be included in this group. It never dawns on them that the vote they receive means: “I hate you less than the one running against you.”

So, as far as qualifications in the Dems go, I guess it would be Hillary. “Two for the price of one” was the claim, so we have a joint presidency. Bill and Hillary. Hillary and Bill. And poor Chelsea better get ready to run in the future. If they win, we will see the first White House Wedding I am certain. Each thing is planned out with the Clinton’s. Rest assured it will make Princess Di's little thing look like a mild soirĂ©e. Am I the only one that gags when the hunger for power is so overwhelming? That it is the only goal. But for an entire family?

Roseanne Arnold once remarked that she and hubby were what the public feared most. White trash with money. Her words not mine. Not necessarily. You can put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig. There has been a culture revolution that has left me completely behind.... I am the first to admit it. But some things never change. Decency and respect for ones actions. Not willing to sell out to the highest bidder. I believe self respect is the most important thing that a human being can hope for. Evil takes many forms. It hides, it lurks, it pounces. It creeps, sneaks ... it will shine and glow and it will entice. Goodness has just one thing to recommend. The desire to have self respect. It is not the largest bank account, the greatest fame, the most notoriety. It pretty much assures you won't make much of an impact except for the one thing. Self respect. I know that when we lost Aaron, he died with the most important thing in the world. Self respect.

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig. LOLOLOL Oh my gosh I laughed so hard reading this blog I almost fell outta my chair! LOL

Anonymous said...

He did indeed!